Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Candlestick Revamp

Yesterday I posted a few pictures of some bargain buys I found at some thrift stores last weekend.  The candlesticks were my most exciting purchase.  They were $10.00 a piece.


They are in fantastic condition...just in need of a revamp!  I noticed when I looked at the bottom of the candlestick that I was going to be able to take the whole thing apart for the paint job.


I removed all of the glass pieces and soaked them in soapy water.  The two larger pieces required some scrubbing because rust had settled in the grooves inside the middle hole.  Did I mention they are in great condition?  There isn't one chip in any of the glass pieces.


After some primer and a few coats of Rustoleum's Heirloom White spray paint, this is how the pieces looked.

I made sure to take a before picture so that I could put the candlesticks back together correctly. 

 ...and with some candles in them.  Not my first choice of color for the candle, but it's
what I had on hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment