Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bright Blue Revamp




I recently found this at a thrift store for $4.00.  What is it, exactly?  I don't know, but I knew what I wanted it for:  Flowers.  I liked the shape, the ribbing, and the two handles.  At first I was going to spray paint it white, but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to paint it a bright color.  I headed to the nearby Home Depot and picked up a can of...
I began by priming the brass first so the aqua color would adhere to it.  After a few coats of paint, voila...


I snipped some flowers off one of our Crepe Myrtle trees, but I what I really wanted to use for the picture were daisies.  I thought they'd look so cheery!  In reality, any type of flower is going to look cheery in my new "vase." Another idea I had was to find something I could glue to the front of it, such as one of those small, thin, whitish star fish, which would give it a beach-y feel.  But, after thinking about it, I don't want to limit myself since I could potentially use it for Easter and during spring, in general. 


Not a bad revamp for $8.00 ($4.00 for the "vase" and roughly $4.00 for the piant)

1 comment: