New year, new wreath. For the last few months I've had an old "fallish" wreath on our front door (found here.)
I was tired of seeing this wreath and wanted something new. I came across the wreath I made last spring (found here), but it was a bit worn.
I ended up keeping the wreath itself from the picture above and cut off all the yarn.
I picked up some yarn, silk flowers, and ribbon. Yes, those are some fake dew drops on the roses (more on that later.)
I went with the bouquet of roses, instead of singles because even though the flowers were 50% off, they are still pretty expensive when you get to the better quality flowers. I bought the bouquet because it was the most bang for my buck. As far as the cheesy dew drops, I ended up cutting off most of the petals with the "water" on them.
After wrapping, and wrapping, and wrapping the wreath I started hot gluing the roses. I started in the middle and worked outward with the small roses being placed in between the larger ones.
Within 30 minutes I was done!
At the time I took the following pictures the sun was shining on the front door, making for some tricky lighting. Of course I'm too impatient to wait until tomorrow and really, who knows when I'd remember to actually take the pictures when the lighting is just perfect.