Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thrifty Finds

I had some time without the kiddos yesterday so I took advantage of being able to shop alone.  I hit up a handful of thrift stores and found some fun pieces.

This flower (I think it's a tea light holder) was 99¢.  My plan is to spray paint it--shocker, right?  Mark and I recently put up some new curtains in our front room (see picture below) and I want to spray paint this flower pink, as an accent color.

The material of our new curtains.  The top of the picture has truer colors.  


 After completing my owls I kinda sorta have a thing for birds.  This lady was $2.99 and I plan to spray paint her with Rustoleum's Heirloom White.


 This frame isn't anything special, but it was new and I liked the beading around the inside of the frame.  It was $3.00 (a bit overpriced for a thrift store.)  Of course it will eventually get painted.


 I immediately pictured this tea light lantern spray painted bright red for our outside mantel.  It'll look perfect with next year's 4th of July decorations.  It was $2.00.

I can never seem to have enough candlesticks.  The one on the left is heavy, made of some sort of metal and was $1.99.  I plan to paint it a very dark brown--I know, it already looks brown, but it's a tad "orangey."  The one on the right was 99¢ and I think once painted will look pretty cool with its design.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment