With new curtains in the front room, I have been motivated to do some redecorating. One of the pieces of furniture (if you consider it furniture) is my piano. Above the piano is a piece of framed music that my dad hand wrote for me: A song called "Satin Doll" which I used to sing while he played the piano. Since I want to tie in a couple more music decor items into the room, I pulled down a box of old piano books and some sheet music that was given to me after my Grammy passed away. As I thumbed through the music I realized that there were some pieces of music that were a) too hard for me to ever play or b) missing pieces of the composition.
Perfect! I would, and I did, create art with the sheet music.
First, I started by making a pattern (or a "tracer" as I say in the classroom)
Next, I traced and cut out 7 pieces from the sheet music
Then, I created a fold in the middle, at the bottom of the pattern. I made sure not to fold all the way up so that the top would look like a petal.
I then folded each side up to the middle fold to create a kind of accordion making sure the middle fold was in the upward direction.
...and I taped the sides up to hold the accordion folds together (with a very small piece of tape.)
Once I had all 7 pieces folded and taped, it was time to start gluing them together. I used a glue gun and just a bit of glue as to not burn my fingertips.
Lastly, I added a black button from my collection (all three are different) to each flower to tie it all together.
I have an idea how and where I will hang these 3 sheet music flowers, but I'm not quite ready to make it final. I will post a picture once they are displayed.