Sunday, January 8, 2012

Who Am I?



Woo hoo, I have reached 82 followers!  Not bad for getting my name out there in only two ways:  One, by posting my project links on Facebook to my friends, and two, linking my projects to other blogs' Linky Parties.  I don't have a Bargain Bound Facebook page...just too much for me to keep up with as a part-time teacher and full-time mom of 2 busy kids.

Now that I have built my followers list up and because I seem to get a lot of visitors stopping by, I thought I take some time to really introduce myself.

Here it goes...
I am originally from the Monterey area, which is just beautiful...however, foggy more than it is sunny.  Because the weather is so cold, I knew I couldn't live there.  After attending college in Northern CA (big shout out to Chico State..Chiiiii-cooooo), I learned what real seasons were like and what a warm (ok, hot) summer was.  I fell in love!  In 1998, my husband and I bought a house in Northern CA and have never looked back.

My husband.  My high school sweetheart.  My handyman.  I married my better half in 1996 and we have 2 children.  Our son is nine and our daughter is 6.  We stay busy with the kids' sports schedules, but wouldn't have it any other way.  

I am a part-time 4th grade teacher and have been teaching for 16 years.  For the last six years I have been sharing a contract with another teacher.  It has been a dream working part-time because I get the best of both worlds:  Being a stay-at-home-mom and being a teacher, which I love.

I've always had a creative side to me.  I enjoy the arts and take a hip hop dance class on a weekly basis.  Dance has always been a part of my life in one way or another.    I love to exercise.  Aside from dancing, I run occasionally and hit up the gym on a regular basis.  Yep, I'm a gym rate.  I also love music.  Ahh, what would I do without music?  

Last year, about this time, I started doing some DIY projects around the house and would post the pictures on Facebook.  After hearing, "Emily, you need a blog" numerous times I decided to take the leap.

I started Bargain Bound in June of 2011.  I love a good bargain...who doesn't?  My goal is to create crafts and household decor on a budget.  I love the challenge and I love stretching my creative side.

Of course there is more to me, but need I say more?  I thank you for stopping by and I look forward to enticing you with more fabulous projects.
-Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment