Sunday, November 27, 2011

Felt Rosette Tree

I would like to begin this post by saying that this project took a lot longer than I had anticipated.  My vision was to have three "trees" each of different sizes.  The "trees" would be covered with green felt rosettes.

The materials I used included:  3 foam cones of differing sizes, 3 different colors of felt, glittery stars, and lots of glue by way of a low temp glue gun.




I began with the smallest cone.  I used a small glass to trace circles on the different colored pieces of felt.  Then I cut them all out and turned them into rosettes.  Here is a link to a rosette tutorial:  http://mrspriss.com/2010/03/12/tutorial-felt-rosettes/.



Once the cone was covered I glued a star on top.  Then I started in on the second and third cones.  I spread this work out over a week.  I'm pleased with the finished product and glad that it's over!





I have a hard time getting good light in our family room.  The colors didn't come out as vibrant as they are in person.  For kicks, I took one picture in "Expressive Mode."  It's truer to the colors.


1 comment:

  1. I love these. Thanks for sharing. You are being featured this week.
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/12/cure-for-common-monday-20.html

    ReplyDelete