Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tryin' a Terrarium

I've always liked the look of a terrarium and have seen many in blogs that I follow.  They're airy and fresh looking, a perfect addition to a room.  Today I gave it a whirl...not sure it'll survive, but it's worth a shot. 

I purchased what I needed at Michael's and Green Acres.  I wish I could say that I found the apothecary jar for 2 bucks somewhere, but I didn't.  I didn't even try looking because I knew it would be next to impossible to find exactly what I wanted.  I used a 40% coupon at Michael's and paid $18 for the jar and also picked up the river pebbles and moss.  I bought the plants at Green Acres.  



I'm not going to lie, it was a bit tricky to put together.  In my first attempt, I filled the very bottom, and then some, with the rocks and then added the soil.  I placed the plants inside and realized the fern (Rabbit's Foot) was too tall so out everything went and I was on to my second try.  This time I only put a small handful of rocks on the very bottom and a little bit of soil.  Next, I placed the fern so it was sitting pretty low in the jar.   After adding some more soil and the 2 succulents, I arranged the moss on the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment