Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fresh Fall Wreath

Although it's not officially fall yet, it was time to retire my spring wreath.

See why?


Once upon a time it looked like this (and you can read about that project, here.)  With the intense afternoon sun, the green moss has faded into a dull, dirty, green color. 


Last fall I made this wreath.  I was in a total felt kick then.


I did like the yarn I used because it was textured and easier to wrap because I didn't have to be so careful...I could overlap and it didn't matter.  I decided that a textured yarn was the way to go again.

Last night I ran to Hobby Lobby and came home with the following items:

Chocolate colored yarn

 miniature pumpkins, squash, and acorns

3 fall berry bunches (barely used but one)

fall colored leaves

After wrapping and wrapping and wrapping the yarn, I carefully arranged and hot glued the fall goodies I had purchased. 






The only thing I may go back and fix are the squash.  The white-ish circles on the bottom bugs me, and I think they need to be painted. 

8 comments:

  1. How beautiful your wreath is this year! I hope you'll link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party (and fall ideas too)

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your wreaths are beautiful! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_10_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. Great job!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog (GFC+).

    The Quiet Mom blogging:
    Recipe: Garlic-Parsley Fried Brown Rice
    Crafting: Skip-Counting Project: Count by Five

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the wreaths are great...would lohttp://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2012/09/share-it-one-more-time-party-and.htmlve it if you came by and shared it at Share it one more time
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty wreath! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Brambleberry Cottage. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-14.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out great...fall decorations are my fave! I've had fun checking out your blog! I would love to have you come share 'Your Great Idea' at my link party, hosted every weekend. I know my readers would love you! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wreath and it looks so easy! Your newest follower from threekendrickblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete