Saturday, June 30, 2012

Patriotic Pieces

I had a couple of pieces hanging around the house that could be used for 4th of July.  The first was this wooden flag I picked up last year for a couple of dollars at a Thrift Store.  I thought it would look nice hanging outside our front door.


I had some red acrylic paint, but picked up some white and blue along with some clear spray paint at Hobby Lobby.
 

After a couple of coats of acrylic paint and a couple coats of spray paint, it was all done.



The other thing I had around the house was this styrofoam star...don't know where it came from.


I was pretty much stumped as to what to do with it.  I stumbled across these pom-pom balls and thought they might work. I bought some red, white, and blue ones.
 

Now, I must admit the finished product is a bit cheesy...with all the puff balls.  Kind of reminds me of something a Grandma would have in her house.  However, when placed on the mantel with all of the other decorations  it doesn't look so bad.  






No comments:

Post a Comment